Costume Terms of Service Agreement
1. The product will be sold for the price settled upon via communications
between the client and the artist.
2. The down payment of the product must be received to secure your slot. This is a safety measure on our part. This is 30% of the commission cost. (This amount is considered a non-refundable deposit and is
used for material costs associated with the product.)
3. Payment must be complete before shipment to you. Payments of $100 or more are preferred monthly at minimum.
4. Payments will be made via the PayPal, unless otherwise noted by commissioner. We can also accep checks, money orders, google wallet, etc.
5. The 30% down payment in non-refundable.
1. The parties will discuss the specifications of the product to be completed
before work begins. This will include all specifics the customer asks for, and all aspects of the costume will be worked out and explained with the customer to the best of our ability before building to ensure a product they will enjoy.
2. The commissioner will provide the needed information prior to
construction. (E.g. Sizes, Measurements, or other needed information) If
needed, the commissioner will also provide a duct-tape dummy that will
be mailed if needed for costume. We will send instructions on info and measurements we need a month or more before we start on your project.
3. In the process of construction, unforeseeable circumstances may occur. This could be from remaking a piece due to a new construction method, circumstances with finding proper materials, or any kind of trauma or injury to myself and/or assistant. If there are any delays or changes these will all be discussed with the customer at the time of happening.
4. The product will have all predetermined features to the best of the
artist’s ability, any limitations will be discussed as outlined above.
5. Design changes made once construction has started will be subject
to additional costs as well as may change the completion time.
1. The product will include a service plan and warrantee outlined below.
2. Once the product is completed and shipped, if sizing or fitting issues occur
the suit will be altered for free with shipping costs at the expense of the
artist for the first month. If these sizing issues are due to improper information on the customer's end, the customer may have to cover the shipping cost.
3. Up to a year after completion any small repairs can be made for free. We promise professional quality in my product and am willing to fix any popped seams, or general repairs from rough housing or general wear and tear. After this year all repairs are made on an individual basis with the customer and will have a small fee for my work. This fee rarely exceeds $15 for a small repair, as we always want and encourage our customers to keep their costumes in tip top shape!
1. The artist is not liable for any injury that occurs related to the product or
2. Repairs may be refused or require a fee if the product has damage such as, purposeful damage done by an individual to the costume, fire damage, damage from improper care, etc.
3. Once the costume has been delivered there are no returns accepted. The
commissioner understands that there is no guarantee of a refund due to
satisfaction of the final product. The customer assumes liability that the
final product will be made to their specifications. This is why as outlined above I work out all details of the costume with the commissioner, as well as show frequent WIP or "Work in progress" pictures to ensure the product is one you are satisfied with.
5. If a commission is cancelled by the commissioner any refund will then be
negotiated between the builder and commissioner which will not include the 30% deposit.